Employment Law

Compromise or Settlement agreements

Your employer or indeed yourself may have decided following a dispute or in view of possible redundancy to suggest you enter into an agreement that would terminate your employment.

Your employer may have indicated a wish for you to sign a compromise agreement in exchange for an additional payment. In this case, you must obtain advice from an independent qualified lawyer. Usually, the employer provides a contribution toward your legal fees.

Your rights need to be explained to you and the terms of the agreement clarified as you will compromise any claim you may have in the employment tribunal once the agreement is signed. The advisor must confirm in writing that you have been advised of your rights.

The correct level of compensation depends on your individual circumstances such as age, length of employment, pay and future employment prospects.

If you need our help with Compromise or Settlement agreements (known also as severance or termination agreements) call us on 0161 432 5757.
Our Employment Law office is at 335 Wellington Road North, Heaton Chapel, Stockport, SK4 4QG